Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Middie is witty


Conversation between my 5 year old and myself yesterday in the car….

The Middie: Mommy, where did you and Daddy meet?

Me: (I usually point out it was in the ‘underage bar’ at OU but this was the edited version for her.) While we were at college.

The Middie: How old were you when you met Daddy?

Me: 19ish

The Middie: How old was Daddy?

Me: 19. Why are you asking?

The Middie: How old were you when you got married?

Me: 23.

The Middie: How old was Daddy?

Me: 24. Why are you asking me these questions?

The Middie: Who were your friends when you got married?

Me: (I gave a list of a few close friends.)

The Middie: Who were your friends in college?

Me: (I gave a list of a few close friends.) Why are you asking these questions?

The Middie: Well, you say you don’t have any friends here so I was trying figure out who your friends were.

Me: Umm….ok.

The Middie: What did you and Daddy do with your time before you had us?

Me: (At this point I lost it and was cracking up.) Well, we went out a lot. We traveled to Cbus to visit many weekends. I coached cheerleaders, the dance team and a couple of science clubs. I also finished my Masters degree before y’all came along. Daddy and I did a lot of work on the house and in the yard. The dogs got a lot more attention. We have asked ourselves that very question too.



What truly prompted these questions I have know idea but The Middie really does make me laugh.

No comments: