Tuesday, December 16, 2008

More lonely....

Don't want to sob while people are awake to see me but...I had an attack of the "lonelys" this evening. Maybe it was that I did not have the $ to ice skate with oldest B. Maybe it was the fact I was watching her skate while wearing flip flops and a tshirt. Maybe it was the flashing Christmas lights on the bases of the palm trees. Something was just off for me. I was VERY lonely. I wanted to find a corner and cry.

I think I need friends. But to be a good friend that would take a time investment and since there are not enough hours in the day for me to do what I HAVE to do how to I add "find a new friend" to my infinite to do list?

Any one out there my friend???


....crickets chirping.....

3 comments:

TL said...

I know the feeling... When I first moved to the States at 18 years old I was uncertain how to start over, having been used to have the same friends since I was 3 and now meeting people who knew each other since they were 3 and being weirded out by the Arab chick with the weird British accent. It took time, something we're all short on, but I've found some great friends I know I can rely on, even if we can only meet up once in a while to vent and laugh together. Good luck!

Bdubba said...

Thanks TL. It is weird how I went up north to gather some teacher stuff I needed (and to put stuff from storage unit into garage so we have one less bill a month since the house up there is going nowhere fast) and I was anxious to get back to my new normalcy here. I still really need real life friends here but until the I guess the 7, 5 and 1 year old will have to do. Hope your holidays were happy!

Conchita said...

Hey sis! I don't wanna see you like this! I know how are you feeling, do you remember when we met? Everything was too different for me.
Have you checked about the mothers of the friends of your daughters? may be there is at least one that is in your same situation, it might be a good starting.
Let's go! Cheer up! :-)
Kisses.