Sunday, October 4, 2009

Anticipation & Disappointment

Get It Down; 31 for 21


Weird evening. Waiting on something that never happened. Wondering why. Was found but not followed through with. Strange.

I attended the Veteran's Memorial dedication and it was nice to be there to support some old and dear friends who lost loved ones in combat. I can't even imagine being in that situation. Hearing admirable stories from veterans was very surreal. They did not hold back any details and these men talked freely about how many they killed. They referred to their nationalities when talking about the killing ("shot that Chinese in the face", "used a grenade in the bunker and killed 7 Koreans"). I wonder how these men feel about immigrants from those countries. Another thought I had was how Christianity and military combat mix. You know, tho shalt not kill (then is fine print unless you are fighting for your country???). It was very surreal and got me thinking.

No comments: