Since I did this for facebook (b/c I enjoyed reading that of my friends)...
25 Random things
– yeah, I am a little behind on this…..guess I am a late bloomer….
1. I would LOVE to be a stay-at-home Mom. I love the summers when I am not teaching and can pretend I am one. I am able to keep my house clean and organized, cook healthy food, and enjoy being with my girls. I would love to have that as my “job” but I need monetary paychecks to go with it.
2. I have an irrational fear of spiders, clowns, and jack in the boxes.
3. I HATE the sound of skin rubbing on a balloon. I think I was tortured with this as a child and now deprive my girls of balloons as much as possible.
4. I wished I would have enlisted or at least done ROTC after high school.
5. I hate the fact that I made it to daughter number 3 and then had to have a c-section. She was breech and could not be turned around to head out (pun intended) the right way.
6. I never imaged that I would be living so close to the beach but feel like I was meant to live here.
7. I am addicted to blogging and my Bargain Hunting Mommies boards. I think I have actually spent more $$$ b/c of that board than saved but when you find a good deal……
8. I am the baby of my family but exhibit characteristics more of an only child as my brothers are 17, 15 and 13 years older than me respectively.
9. I am addicted to Crocs. I have 3 of the original style (duck feet orange, army green, light blue), 1 fuzzy mammoth (black), 2 Mary Janes (brown, burgundy), 2 ballet style flats (brown, black), 1 flip flop style (teal/gray), and 2 high heels (black, and bronze). My students enjoy pointing out what color/style I am wearing on a daily basis. I throw them off by wearing my Birkenstocks or my sketchers every now and then.
10. I love jewelry even though I rarely deviate from wearing my wedding/engagement ring, my thumb band, and hoop or ball earrings.
11. I seriously have the worst luck of anyone I know. My husband is starting to realize this too.
12. Contrary to popular beliefs, my daughter’s names are not as such after their respective alcohols. We were going for the ‘B’ theme. Anything else was coincidental.
13. I really miss my friends from Cincy.
14. On the first day of third grade I found my Papaw dead. He was sitting on the front porch watching for my bus and apparently had suffered another heart attack while I was inside eating breakfast. I still miss him today.
15. My Dad died of Carbon Monoxide poisoning when I was two weeks old.
16. My Mom is the strongest person I think I will ever know.
17. I am a loyal fan of the Cincinnati Reds and will always be. It started back in the days of the Big Red Machine.
18. I hate nagging my girls to do things (pick up your clothes, brush your teeth, wash your hands, use your fork, get out from under the table, etc.). Why aren’t these just common sense things to kids?
19. The color of polish I have on my toes now is Opi’s Midnight in Russia.
20. I am not a fan of reading (although I am trying to keep this little secret from my daughters). I like short things like magazine articles or short stories.
21. As much as I love purses, my ‘purse’ has been reduced to a wristlet for my phone and credit cards as I am either carrying my backpack (back and forth to school) or a diaper bag (basically everywhere else) and two bags are too much.
22. I miss being as carefree as I was in high school and feel sorry for many of my students who have issues that keep them from being a carefree high school student like I was.
23. My Mom chose where I went to college. I go into all the schools I applied and I told her she got to decide where her money was going to go.
24. My husband and I met in the “under age” bar at OU (y’all know it – The Greenery). I was a glimmer of hope for my sorority sisters that you can find love in a bar.
25. I own and drive a motorcycle.
Are these random enough? Anything else you want to know?