Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Countdown to Turkey....

I have cooked a Thanksgiving feast before but not in a tiny apartment. Not where I am responsible for the turkey cooking either. DH usually deep fries them outside....in the cold....but now in the Sunshine State I am using a crockpot recipe for the turkey breast AND I am attempting my first hand at homemade dressing (also residing in the crockpot). I am a little disappointed that I will not be serving green beans from my Mom's garden but I guess we will survive. Other items on the menu are homemade mac and cheese, rolls, corn on the cob, mashed potatoes, peanut butter cookies and pineapple upside down cake.

Tonight the oldest has a friend over for the evening and I think I will make them bake the cookies and mix the cake for me. Tomorrow I prepare the pieces of the dressing to be thrown together and probably write down a timeline as to what to do when so that maybe all the food gets ready at the same time.

No comments: