Friday, January 1, 2010

Starting anew.... where am I now?

These were my NYR (New Year's Resolutions) for last year. Let me see if I have kept up.

Drop some pounds/firm up - get on an exercise/diet regimen - I joined WW and Jazzercise in August, love both and am about 20 lbs lighter than I was then. Plan to continue both. Even thinking about becoming a Jazzericse instructor although the start of fee scares me! 

Successfully finish NBC -
YES! Finally. Praise God! Thinking about becoming an assessor myself now for a little bit of extra money or maybe revenge? Just kidding well, kind of....I am assuming if I assess then the renewal in 8 years should be cake, right? I wonder if NBCT will still get a little stipend then. 

Make some more "me time"
- Well, with the Jazzercise and WW I think that is where the me time has come in but I would sure like some more.....

Organize stuff - anything - well, everything.
- baby steps on this one...We now have all our belongings in the same state (I guess that would be step one). Since I am down 2ish sizes in clothes I recently cleaned out all the too big stuff. Yea for being smaller. Boo for losing clothes that I really like and not having the money to replace. Trying to look on the brighter side of "I am not finished losing weight so I don't want to buy new clothes yet" but I was a bad eater this holiday season. :( So, I do keep organizing and finding a better way to store/keep 100 lbs of stuff in a 50 lb sack.

Get rid of my acne (Accutane???)
- I haven't gotten new medication but I things in this department are mostly better until my monthly bill comes due. 

Grow my hair out...maybe...
- Since August, been growing but the 'swooping bangs' that HAD to be cut due to coloring/straight iron damage is the part I am the most impatient with. I hate not being able to tuck them behind my ear. So I guess I am working on this one too. I didn't even remember I posted this one or that this time last year I was thinking about it. I like the posh cut/bob I seem to hover between these days.

So, what is different for this year.....that is a whole 'nother post!

2 comments:

Margie M. said...

I think you did pretty good with last year's resolutions overall. You posted on my blog about "falling off the WW wagon". Well, the holidays are more challenging than anything else we face during the year for the most part. I made some wacky choices myself, but I always try to get back on track immediately with my next bite. You'll do fine, I'm sure. Hang in there.

Bdubba said...

Thank Margie!