Monday, October 27, 2008

No, seriously....

So, I am cruising along graded exams (the 4 classes worth that were taken today since last week was a wash...see prior post about bomb) when my cell phone rings. I had luckily turned on the ringer in fear of BWv2 first transport to the gym on their bus this afternoon. Not sure what I was/am worried about but that is just my nature. The lady on the other line says she is from my child's school clinic but everything is all right (why the hell you callin' me then???). That BWv2 has a fever of 101.5 and I needed to come and get her. CRAP! There goes my teacher of the year award for getting all quarter exams graded and recorded in less than 24 hours. Then another thought crosses my mind...it is time for the buses to go there. DOUBLE CRAP!! The one time I tried to have BWv2 be a car rider (I pick her up from school) it took me 35-40 minutes to travel a block (NOT EXAGGERATING!). So I throw everything in my backpack and head out the door. I run into the student who has accommodations for extra time on her exam and was coming to take me up on the offer and I briefly explain that I HAD to leave and we'd deal with it during class time tomorrow which I was trying to avoid. *sigh* DH is more than accommodating as he is going to pick up BWv3 and v4 so I don't have to leave and can continue my plight of grading exams. As the newbie that I am there, I accidentally locked myself out of one of the grading programs b/c I apparently tried to change my passwords out of sequence (3 passwords for 3 main programs and I choose the wrong order to change them....oops...my bad).

On the bright side...no reported bombs in my room today although a student asked me if I even knew the kid had it in my room. Made me feel stupid but....I kind of liked the fact I was stupid to that query. Dinner is mostly done. I did meatballs in the crock pot and will fix some mac and cheese to accompany them closer to eatin' time.

Ok, I will quit procrastinating and go grade.......

No comments: